Tuesday, December 29, 2009

But Once a Year...

For my signature gift this year I learned how to make mittens from old wool sweaters. I made a whole set for my brothers kids. So fun!




For some reason we were very child like on Christmas morning and woke up at 5:30 because we were so EXCITED! We waited and waited until 9:00 to finally open our presents.
Here we are swimming in presents while wating!



My FAVORITE present ever:


A lawyer Jon-David works for painted my portrait several months ago. Jon-David surprised me and got it matted and framed. HE DID SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB!

Jon-David was given a lot of power tools to support his masculinity, which is wonderful because I just buy him things that are sorta girly, like a bike basket. Heh.



And then our camera died. We had a great Christmas spending it with both of our families, and we were SPOILED rotten:)

3 comments:

Linds said...

Those mittens are awesome! Did you have a pattern for them? Seriously the best reuse I've seen in a while.

Happy Christmas!

Kris said...

You MUST share the pattern and instructions! I gave 4 pair for gifts that I bought at the Farmer's Market this summer...and she started charging $18 a pair! Help, I need you! Remember the chiao tzu recipe I sent you????

Becky & Jon-David said...

It's just a 3 piece pattern, so simple.
Here's the website with a video and the pattern to print out.

http://studio5.ksl.com/?sid=4456414&nid=61