Let's kick this off with a humiliating aspect of my life.
I consider myself low maintenance except for one thing, MY HAIR! Ever since I was about 10 I have hated my hair. It is naturally frizzy curly, covered in cowlicks, and if left alone to air dry it makes an amazing fro. I have fought and struggled with it FOREVER! I made the boy short hair cut mistake TWICE! Every time I got my hair cut I would bawl for about an hour afterward. At my lowest point I convinced my mom to let me get electric shock therapy to stimulate my hair follicles to grow! One time I even had a hairdresser call her colleagues over to point and laugh at how my bangs dry standing straight up! Before I knew flat irons existed I would spend over an hour on my hair drying one small section at a time and then going over it with a curling iron to try and get it as straight as possible. In the MTC my companion and I would blow dry my hair using two blow dryers just so we could get to bed on time. In Taiwan the humidity made it uncontrollable so I used Asia's cheap straightening system that I would get done every other month or so, it took over 3 hours to complete.
Sorry to everyone who has had to deal with me and my loathed hair!
8 comments:
Oh becky....i would like to say "i know how you feel" but I can't. I was blessed with good hair, but i can say I did have a awful coloring experience. An old friend who will remain nameless (hope you remember) tried to highlight my hair and it turned bright orange. Let's just say my mom would never let my friends do my hair after that.
oh that is so funny because you hair always looks perfect to me. just ask randy, i'm always complimenting it every time i see you. {behind your back of course}
Bah ha! Chelise I totally remember that bright orange circle on top of your head! I love that you sneaked past your mom with that towel covering it! I really can't remember the friend that colored it, was it A or M? It turned out ok though, you should model for shampoo commercials:0
What are you talking about!? Your hair is always, ALWAYS darling! It was from you that I learned to part my hair ever-so-slightly closer to the side than ever before. Daring, huh?
I love your hair when it's curly and when it's still wet and when it's straight. Of course it sounds like three hours every month or so would actually save you a ton of time on your hair...
Becky I have always loved your hair, it looks picture perfect every time I see you! :)
i know how you feel. i have cowlicks all over the place. I used to use a travel sized iron (clothing iron) to straighten my hair. It was so bad. I got burned a lot.
At least you've got the hang of it now obviously. You have great hair!
I remember the specific Walmart haircut and tears that made you ask for electric shock therapy. Your poor Mom felt so bad. I actually remember thinking your hair cut was really cute, and I wished that I was daring enough to cut my hair short. But it was hard to mention that with you being on the brink of destruction. I've always liked your hair, even pre-flat iron.
Post a Comment