Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day #2 Travels

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE traveling, but:
1. I am an amateur at it.
2. I am as cheap as can be.
I travel to places and spend most of the time being lost and wasting time, but I love it regardless. The first trip I took abroad was backpacking through Europe with my brother. We got really cheap tickets out of New York to London. We spent 3 days in New York before flying to Europe. While there, we only spent $2 a day on food, thanks to $1 hot dog and pizza street vendors!! We opted out of our hotel on the last night in exchange for a stay in the Central Park Hostel to save us about 40 bucks. Turns our you're supposed to get to the hostel in the morning to ensure you have a room that night. We didn't know that. We did not sleep that night. We wandered around in the Virgin Records store until 2 in the morning when they kicked us out, then we spent the rest of the night in the downtown Manhattan McDonald's making an hour-by-hour documentary until sunrise.

3 comments:

Chelise said...

Becky the friend started with "B". I hope you can pick it out from that.

Yes you are the queen of traveling. I swear you were always gone every summer. You were also always good at finding the good deals. I remember the trip you went on with Shena to Thailand and you spent most of it getting massages from the locals. Remember that?!

Kris said...

Wanna hear about cheap? We took my dad to France via the ferry from England (when we lived there)and had rented a "trailer" in the middle of some forest in Paris. He took one step into the smelly, awful trailer and said, "Never mind. I'm paying for a hotel". We late found out this was the prostitute district...where you pay by the hour. oooops

Becky & Jon-David said...

HA! Kris, I can't believe you tried to stay at the modern day Moulin Rouge! What an adventure!