JD and I have been living in three houses this last week, house-sitting, moving out of apartment and moving into a house. It's totally overwhelming. We decided to move out of our beloved first home one room apartment. I have almost cried a few times lately because:
-our first home has such sentimental value!! (we only need like 20 sq. feet for comfortable living)
-our new home hasn't been cleaned in 7+ years. (previous tenants didn't even flush the toilets or own a vacuum, but they did own a dog)
-the pups we took care of liked to poo on the floor just to spite us.
-This was first spring break of my college career I didn't go on vacation. (Last year Oregon coast, year before that a cruise to Mexico)
But these things keep me from crying:
-each time we work ourselves to death and think we might starve someone has invited us over to eat
-my family came and helped clean nearly everyday last week
-friends who own a professional carpet cleaning company came and cleaned all of our carpets free of charge
-I found an uber comfy couch for only $35 that was conveniently across from our friends who own a truck
So I just may survive.
Oh, don't you want to see who won the drawing!!?? Me too. I will unveil it in the next post~!
2 comments:
That is so awful about the new place. is it the house they call the "stinky house"? I HATE smells. You are lucky you know someone who cleans carpets!!! I have spent the last couple weeks trying to get rid of dog pee smell. i guess the tenants before us owned a dog too. Good news is, i think i finally did it today!
Wow, you've had a crazy couple of weeks! I'm adding you to my blog list so I can keep track of you now that you're leaving the ward. :( We'll miss you!
Post a Comment