Thursday, September 30, 2010

Getting Around

We finally moved into our apartment and JD and I are living together again! It's a cute little studio apartment. We'll give you a tour when we get an outlet adapter so we can charge our camera. It's about a 30 minute walking commute to the school. Since we make the commute several times each day, I have learned a lot about the traffic rules here.
-Pedestrians NEVER ever have the right of way, so I am sure to look back and forth ten times before crossing any streets.
-Double parking here happens all the time but it isn't an issue. If someone parks in front of someone else they just leave their car in neutral...if you look out the apartment window at 6 in the morning you'll see a bunch of little Koreans pushing the cars back and forth to get theirs out.
-Park wherever you'd like even if it's illegal and simply leave a note with your phone number in the windshield so that if someone has a problem with it they can just give you a call.
-Go as fast as you can down one lane residential roads and honk your horn if anything gets in your way, but don't slow down whatever you do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to picture them pushing cars around in the parking lot. If I were rich, I would come visit you ASAP.
I like that you dream about Peggy. She is important in all of our lives. I think the closer I get to selling her, the more stress dreams I'm going to have about giving her up! But the good news is that both of my potential buyers have already promised to continue calling her Peggy.