Friday, September 3, 2010

Pocari Sweat

We made it!!
It's only 5:00 and I am so ready for bed!
On our first day we have:
-Met JD's students, they all 'ooohed' and 'awed' when we walked into the room. They are so funny and animated!
-Had snack time with the students where the girls all huddled around me and gave me a Korean name 'NuYunlu' or something like that
-Took a taxi into town and bought some yummy asian treats at the grocery store
-Ate bulgogi soup for lunch that two flies flew into, I ate it anyway
-Checked out some shops looking for handkerchiefs for Jon-David's sweaty sweating
-Walked a half hour back to campus and admired the local agriculture, got scared to death by a frog, and Jon-David decided he hates it here because of all the giant spiders.

They take such great care for these peaches. Each one is individualy wrapped with a paper bag to keep the bugs off.


Dom Chim!! That's the only thing I know how to say, it means 'poo needle' and the little kids say it while poking eachothers bums. ha.


Jon-David loves humidity.


That's the university on the hilside on the left. We are out here in the countryside.


Even though I didn't really know what to expect, this place has exceeded my expectations. It's beautiful, the people are so friendly, Korea is really clean, and they treat us like royalty.

Jon-David and I are going to be sleeping in separate rooms until our apartment is ready for us in 1-2 weeks. It's like we're courting again. At least we can look out our room windows at eachother.

2 comments:

Sonnie Humpherys said...

Oh my heck! You guys! I can't believe you are in Korea...that's just insane. What a good experience. We are all growing up! It's weird...let's just stop, okay? I miss those times when we would go to the pumpkin walk and having nothing else to do but play tanks for the rest of the night. Well, I hope those peaches are super good!

Levi said...

I love Pocari Sweat!