Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dress My NYC Nest

This week our apartment finally started to feel like a home. All it took were a few chairs, unpacking our suitcases, a bed that doesn't inflate, and voila, we no longer feel like squatters. We tried to make our move as frugal as possible. We shipped out boxes of our belongings through Greyhound, which was the cheapest. Only my crock-pot broke and Jon-David's pants got shredded because they somehow ended up outside of the package. Craigslist has been good to us, we've found cheap furniture within walking distance that hopefully will last us at least 3 years. Our favorite finds were our island/microwave cart that we pushed home through the sidewalks of Harlem(I saw my first drug deal btw), and our table & chairs that don't take up too much space.

BEFORE


AFTER

We have to turn our fridge sideways, otherwise there's not room for our oven to open




We're still working on the Feng Shui in our bedroom, but we're happy to be sleeping above ground now.

VISITORS WELCOME!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll come visit you!
Good job, I love before/after pictures. I'm always amazed at how much curtains will change a place.
Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Ooh congrats on your first drug deal! That's an exciting thing!
It actually seems bigger than I expected. Bigger for New York, of course. It's cute!

Becca said...

Oh, it looks so good! I love it. We will have to save up and come see you guys.

Marsha said...

You made it look so homey and comfortable.