Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cleanse

This weekend we tried our self-control by doing a 48 hour detox/cleanse. It was a good challenge for us because our appetites have had no boundaries lately! We decided to try a cleanse after all of the sweets in our house were gone (4 bags of Easter candy and box of peeps later..)
I found Dr. Oz's 48 hour weekend cleanse online and figured I could handle any kind of diet that only last 48 hours. Buying all of the ingredients for the recipes got me kinda stoked for it:

fennel bulb
prunes 
quinoa
almond milk
flaxseed oil
bananas
blueberries
celery 
red onion
kale
pineapple
cucumber

In all honesty some of the recipes I really had to just swallow as fast as I could, but we both LOVED the lunchtime smoothie and the dinner recipe made me feel like I was living on food rations during the depression. But overall it was pretty fun to do it together and support each other, we both had week moments but fortunately not at the same time:)
What I learned:
be more conscience of what I put into my body
eat more veggies
there's always a healthier alternative to treats
avoid eating after 7 pm

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Your shopping list makes me hungry! Though I have no idea what a fennel bulb is...

I think all healthy living advice can be condensed into, "Eat more fruits and vegetables and move as much as you can."

Becca said...

Our appetites have had no boundaries lately, either. A cleanse is a good idea!

Linds said...

This sounds great. Easter candy always has its way with me. Thanks for the good reminder. I'd love to hear the smoothie recipe.