Thursday, July 29, 2010

First stop: T-ville

JD & I went on a thrilling road trip to California this month. The most thrilling part was not knowing if our car was going to make it. It was diagnosed over a year and a half ago with a belt that was going to break off at any moment, the coolant has been leaking, and driving across the Mojave desert in 105 degree plus weather without air conditioning is potentially fatal. Regardless of all those looming factors we had a flawless trip!

We first stopped in Tracy California to attend our nephews baptism. My wonderful in-laws!

I love this picture


They showed us the best place to tube in the world. It was a relaxing run with warm water and a sandy creek bed. I miss it:(

Took a turn on the rope swing



Got a grand tour of the Jelly Belly factory where they make a mockery of all the tourists by having us wear these hats for 'sanitation' purposes.


Jon-David sampled the skunk spray jelly belly. I almost yacked at the smell of his breath.


Judging by JD's expression in this picture, I think he was still recovering from the skunk flavor....or about to sneeze.

3 comments:

oralia said...

hahahahaha. oh man, i need to go to that jelly bean factory. he was really brave to try such a gross flavor!

Linds said...

skunk spray? yuck, we actually hit a skunk last night and i can't stand that smell.

you two are looking mighty cute in your little hats :)

liz said...

Haha! You make me laugh. I like that.