Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Decided

We're moving to New York! Columbia Law School here we come! Jon-David got a substantial amount in financial aid which pretty much sealed the deal. Seriously, does my hubs even realize what a genius he is?
Deciding between schools was an interesting journey. It has been rolling around in the back of our minds for months, and now the decision is here and everything feels so settled. During the last General Conference we were looking forward to receiving inspiration and guidance in our decision. Jon-David was elated when one of the speakers began talking about attending the finest schools, he thought 'alright! here comes the answer I've been waiting for straight out of the apostles mouth!' The speaker then proceeded to say "You may have thought at one time how much better your life would have been if only you had been admitted to study in some fine school. I pray that you will see the greatness of God’s love for you and of the opportunity He has given you to enter His priesthood school." Lesson Learned. School of the Priesthood Trumps Columbia. In the end we were ready to go anywhere with the realization that it doesn't matter where we are, just how much we can serve.

And in honor of New York, here is a wonderful video shot in CENTRAL PARK!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I think you're just trying to move farther for grad school than we did. Good on ya!

The Grandys said...

YAY! Congrats, we are so excited for you! When he runs for president we will help with his campaign :)

Amy and David said...

YAY!!! COngrats you guys! I think you will love New York. Its the best shopping EVER!

Anonymous said...

Hooray hooray! Plan on me visiting. This time I will give you more than a week to get settled, though.
I totally thought of you during that General Conference talk! I was even thinking, "Maybe he will just say what school they should go to right now.." and then he didn't. Sigh.
When I come visit can we bike around central park please?

Becca said...

Woot! Congrats, that is so exciting!

Unknown said...

First-Tier! You're golden! Congratulations, I am so happy for you both.
Nate is excited for you too. He keeps talking about it and how cool it. Law schools this, and guaranteed that...