Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mom's are Great! They Give Us Chocolate Cake!

This is one of my favorite Chinese pop songs. I really hope the primary kids sing it tomorrow(saying stuff like that strategically keeps me out of the primary) heh.
It's called 聽媽媽的話 | Listen to Mama's Words. It's a really sweet song, it maybe even makes me a little teary. It's rap song about a boy telling his younger self that his mom's words will always be the most important thing he'll hear. Here are some of the lyrics:


Mother's hard work isn't seen by others. She knows the warm recipe by heart.
When you have time, hold her hand and sleep dream together.
Listen to mother's words, don't let her get hurt.
You want to grow up quickly so you can take care of her.
I know your future path, but your mother knows it even better.
The sweater mother gave you, you have to keep it safe.
Because on Mother's Day, I want to tell her, I still have it.
Listen to mother's words, don't let her get hurt. You want to grow up quickly so you can take care of
her and protect her

3 comments:

Amy and David said...

We love it too! I am totally posting this.

Amy and David said...

P.S. I totally wish we could sing that in Primary. LOL How cute would that have been. They were pretty darn adorable today though huh? :)

Kris said...

And you get to see your mom soon! Hope she brings chocolate cake. Loved the video!