Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Loaf of Bread

My parents went home yesterday and China already misses them. All that is left are empty peanut butter canisters and a dead butterfly on our dresser(thanks dad, ha!). This morning I didn't wake up to any whistling at four in the morning, nor homemade lunch for breakfast.
It was so wonderful to have them visit! It's grounding to see family after being away from them for so long.
FUN MEMORIES

My dad created quite a stir swimming illegally in Xihu Lake one morning. He didn't get caught, but every person I told screamed and laughed that he even dared to get in the water.

My mom loved the shaved ice with red bean! Like mother like daughter-WE love it.

We stumbled upon a country club while we were hiking. Our curiosity lured us in, all I wanted was to see the menu, but before we knew it we were being escorted, seated, and fine linens were presented on our table. By then we were past the point of return and we indulged ourselves with fresh tea and fruit trays. Best rip-off ever.

We enjoyed a boat trip through the XiXi Wetlands.

I love how this clip shows how hot and peaceful the ride was.

The Girls
The Boys
We took A LOT of pictures of food, we made some and we ate some.

I kinda wanted to go on the plane home with them....see you in two months, I guess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some things I have to say:

1. They may have made you lunch, but did they build your kitchen chairs! I think not. 1 point for me.
2. How did we not have shaved ice!? You know my feelings about shaved ice!
3. Remember how cold it was when I was there? And you thought you would never be warm again? I'm glad it's warm again for you.
4. I got nervous when I saw pictures of you making dumplings. I'm just saying...you don't have the best track record. I hope they turned out better.
5. You are great.

Becca said...

Oh! We wish you guys could have gotten on the plane, too. We miss you guys! And we are ready to deep fry something with you. It has been forever!