We got bikes!
Thanks to craigslist we found ourselves some sweet rides that are priceless! Owning a bike here is sooo liberating. Now that Jon-David is done with his 30+- interviews and I am not back at work yet, we're spending our time exploring this here island.
First Stop: The Cloisters (Washington Heights)
We've never been this far north-almost to the very tip top of Manhattan.
I guess it's called Washington Heights because it's near the Washington bridge?
We happened upon this little red light house that was built a long time ago....and has a children's book written about it ironically titled.....The Little Red Light House..
and it matched Jon-David
Destination Cloisters accomplished. We're still not exactly sure what the Cloisters are. I made up in my mind that they are ancient gothic mansions once inhabited by richies. All I know for sure is that it's owned by the Metropolitan Museum of Art and that I could never be a professional tour guide..
This sign made us feel so conflicted.
And that is that.




1 comment:
Yay for bikes!
ha, I love that conflicting sign!
Post a Comment