Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I really shouldn't do this in one post...

This Summer, in chronological order:

We bought a car in Utah and drove it across the country back to NYC in 4 days. 
Points of interest along the way included: 
-the sod house museum
-the worlds largest covered wagon
-Ames brothers pyramid
-wind gusts
We stopped in Nauvoo along the way. It was my first time there and I really wish we could have stayed a couple more days, everyone there said you need at least three days to see it. We got a disk of information about Jon-Davids relatives who had lived in Nauvoo, and a map of where their property was. His great-great Grandpa lived right next to the Red Brick Store and right down the road from Joseph Smith. 
Back To NYC:
We tried our best to get out of the city as much as possible.
Boston (Pronounced Buuuaastin). We were both really impressed that you can see it all in one day, just follow the yellow-brick..I mean.. red line painted on the sidewalk a.k.a. The Freedom Trail. 
Yankees game, beach day, Amateur Night at the Apollo, Macy's fireworks+fireflies
We went camping in the Catskills and on our way back down took a gander at FDR's home and the Vanderbilt mansion.
And then continued gawking at George Washington's home. We stayed with Jon-David's Aunt and Uncle in Virginia-It was so nice to connect with family out here in the East!
My Sister and 13 year old niece paid us a visit. I loved having them. Living on opposite sides of the country really inhibits our sister time. I'll call her my hero.
I also don't get to spend much time with teenagers these days...let's just say my niece taught me a lot and I hope she forgets all the enduring things we put her through while she was here..
Our friends the Grandy's graced us with their presence. In a perfect world someday we'll be neighbors with these guys...in the meantime we'll just have to be travel buddies! 
Camping with our NYC friends. On what turned out to be the first cold night of Autumn and some of us forgot tents, others sleeping bags...that'll teach us! And I don't want to forget the bear paw prints on our cars, and an alleged bear-bitten bumper. 'dem bears.
My favorite Mar Mar Head came to visit too! What better a way to greet someone than with a bunch of dead-looking bodies...?
Camping in the Hampton's and finding out how to access the rooftop at the MET museum were awesome things we did while she was here.  
Summer is Over

And we're done.








2 comments:

mkm said...

I publicly forgive your ovaries. I'm also glad I got to see that note before you apparently removed it! Ha!
Also thanks for putting the weird picture of me scratching my face up!

Marsha said...

Sorry to see your summer was such a dud! Hopefully you'll get a chance to get out and see some things this winter. ;-)