Starting with our tiny apartment. It's tiny. And simple. And we rent it out on weekends and holidays because we can't afford to stay.
But it's home. And we want to remember it forever.
we've had a total of 3 cockroaches since living here, Jon-David managed to kill at least 2 of them...
no rats.
90% furniture was bought on craigslist and we carried it all here from Harlem
(p.s. it all goes on sale in May)
our fridge has always made me crazy because if it faces the way it's supposed to, then I can't open the oven
the building was built over 100 years ago, so it's possible that Franklin or Teddy Roosevelt had this room while attending law school.
we have ONE closet
due to the humidity, our towels never dry and we've had to replace our shower curtain 4 times
but this one has lasted at least a year, we've learned to scrub it really well
our bed isn't real...it's just a bunch of piles of books and foolery,
it's broken three or four times, always when we've had tenants here.
Luckily our friend Dane, who was watching the apartment, was able to use some old books to keep it up.
Jon-David got a ton more so that we could raise it back up a few more inches to hold our storage under it
Thanks to the man who took these pictures for free!









3 comments:
It is absolutely darling! I love your bright, happy colors and patterns. How come you didn't even hint for dinner when you were here? I am crushed. Crushed, I tell you!
Um, where do you live on the weekends and holidays? I love your colors too. Maybe if you come back to Logan, you could make my place as stylish?
Woah you changed it a lot since I was there last! The yellow brightens it up a ton. I'll be sad not to come back and invade every inch of your privacy for several days. :(
Post a Comment