MACHU PICCHU!
This was such an emotional experience. Overall I was just left with so much wonderment. How in the world did these humans cultivate this land, at this altitude on these sheer mountains?
The rise and fall of civilizations.
We started our ascent to the main entrance in the dark, early a.m.
The sunrise and the clouds lifting as we hiked perfectly built our anticipation. The vistas just got better and better as we climbed.
My personal Hell would be standing in line, and despite our early departure more and more people were joining us. Some of them smelled, some of them were slow and the steps made it hard to pass others. Once we reached the gate I was having anxiety that it was going to be like this the entire day. I got a little grumpy. But once we got inside I high-elbowed my way and aimlessly found paths that led me up and away from the masses.
And then I calmed myself down.
And tried my best to be "present" and take it all in.
I'm still trying to take it all in.
I had high expectations for this trip and they were definitely exceeded. Now I know that photos and television really aren't able to do this place justice.
Jon-David reached euphoria on Machu Picchu. It was just SO much to take in:
I don't think Scott ever posed the same way twice for any picture. The man is full of ideas for photo shoots. There's a whole scene of shots that go to the following picture, someday I'll make a GIF of it:
We attempted yoga
and flying
and jumping-Ben looks like he didn't quite nail that landing:
Ben's best friend he made on the trail-Ben "Yes! Can you get a picture with me and my friend, because...What's your name?"
The only time we were all up there together. Jon finally made it up to us while we were on our way back down. I wanted to go back up to the top with him and Ben but it was one of those moments where the spirit was willing but the body weak. Sorry Jon!
I don't know what lead up to this, but I'm so glad it was captured.






















2 comments:
This actually kind of makes me want to go there. And I've never wanted to go there. Remember how I feel about hiking?
So beautiful!
http://rosimeilani.com/2016/02/10/kreasi-menyajikan-makanan-yang-unik/
Post a Comment