Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ragnar Relay

Adirondack Ragnar Relay Highlights
 Rain. Rain. Rain.
Jon-David's running tongue
Jon-David's Chaffage 
Fall Splendor. It was crisp and it was breathtaking! 
Miracle Feet. In my sleepy state I passed Jon-David a pair of socks that were mismatched and then he stepped in a puddle and put on one sandal-he was quite a site wearing one long sock, one ankle sock, one running shoe and one sandal-and a pair of 1970 track pants with  one cut-off short leg. And then again, right before his last leg he was standing in line for the bathroom and looked down to realize that he had two different running shoes on. Ha! He always knows how to make me laugh, I tell ya.
Van. What a great way to make some true friends, go on a 34 hour road trip together while you're smelly and unattractive and talk about everything from porta-potties to physics to religion. 
We did stop at a hotel for 3 hours to shower and try and take a deep nap, but Jon-David says he didn't sleep at all...probably due to the black sheer pantyhose he found between his pillow and the headboard-somehow skipped over by the housekeeping, too disturbing. ha.
Running. I did get lost in the darkness on my first leg, fortunately an official Ragnar worker found me and drove me (he said it wasn't cheating, he just took put me back on course) back to the trail. Regardless of the rain, cold, darkness, and blinding car headlights, running in those conditions made it all the more liberating! My favorite moment was when I was running at three in the morning getting drenched from thick mist and I looked down at my feet and with the lighting of my headlamp it looked like I was kicking sparks from my toes. It was a special moment..

Getting a chance to be part of an amazing team of people. We were seriously so flattered to be a part of this group!

1 comment:

mkm said...

I want to hear all the conversations you had! You know the ones I mean. Do you? I'm glad you didn't die.